These rules must be read before submitting competition Registration Forms.
1. Every exhibit must be the bona fide work of the individual or team competitor and must not have been entered in other competitions.
2. Submission of a completed Registration Form shall constitute of and agreement to abide by the Rules & Regulations of the Culinaire Malaysia 2019.
3. An individual competitor can participate in as many classes as he/she wishes but is restricted to one (1) entry in any one class. Individual Hot Cooking classes (class 18 – 21) can accept only one (1) entry per competitor from this combined group of classes.
4. No change of classes will be allowed. Please notify the Organizer should you wish to cancel. Early notification may allow an unsuccessful competitor to prepare for competition. At the event, absentees without written pre-notification to the Organizer will have their future applications re-considered. Empty spaces at display tables are unsightly and non-attendance at the popular Individual Hot Cooking and Ice Carving events are frowned upon. Thank you for your consideration.
5. To avoid having their applications withdrawn from the competition without notice, it is competitors’ responsibility to advise the Organizer should they change employers or personal address/contact details. It is difficult to keep a competitor on the list if we are unable to contact him/her Company registering and paying for competitors have the right to replace staff who leave their employ.
6. Competitors registering for more than one class need to register with the Secretariat at site only once (on the day of their last class) to collect their Certification of Participation. Uncollected certificates will be disposed within three (3) weeks.
7. The competition display areas within the Trade Halls will be open to competitors from 0300hrs (no earlier) for judging at 0700hrs. All packing/exhibit debris must be removed from the exhibition hall before judging begins.
8. Competitors and their assistants are strictly not allowed to leave belongings on exhibition booths, or use furniture there for lounging during the set-up and judging hours.
9. No removal of display exhibits is allowed before 1800hrs on the first 3 days of the show and 1600hrs on the last day. Competitors are to be present at their allocated display area before closing time to prepare for removal of their exhibits. The Organizer reserves the right to dispose of uncollected exhibits after the stipulated times.
10. Entries for the Individual and Team Hot Cooking classes are accepted on a first-come-first-served basis. Applicants for these classes should select another class on the Registration Form in the event they are unsuccessful for their first choice. They can also choose to have their entry fee refunded in this case and if they do not wish to select an alternative class. Please take note that with limited kitchen stations, these classes are usually filled before the official closing date.
11. All Classes competitors must report to the respective counter of Organizer’s Office at least 30 minutes before their appointed time. Should there be a station available, it may be allotted to early arrivals. Competitors who are not present at their scheduled time will be considered no-shows and will be disqualified.
12. Fees will not be refunded if the competition is cancelled for reasons beyond the Organizer’s control or if entries are withdrawn by competitors. This is cover administration costs. Substitute competitors may be accepted up to four (4) weeks before the events and no later.
13. Chef’s attire is requested for all events. For Hot Cooking, no company name/logo should be visible to the judges during judging. It may be included or placed on uniforms once judging is completed.
14. No pork items are allowed. 15. Competitors who bring their exhibits on the wrong day will not have them judged. Please refer to the final schedule for your competition date. This will be sent to you in due course.
16. Competitors are to note that points will be deducted if the complete display is not kept within the space limit specified for the classes.
17. Official ingredients/recipe forms will be sent to individual competitors. These must be placed by the side of exhibits/dishes if the rules require it. The Organizer does not require copies, but reserves the right to request them.
18. The Organizer reserves all rights to the recipes used and photographs taken at the event. Any publication, re-production or copying of the recipes can only be made with their approval.
19. Medals will be given out daily before 1800hrs. Contestants should be present in complete professional attire. All medal winners must be present for the grand prize presentation on the last day of the competition in professional attire. Any trophy/medal/certificate that is not accepted at the ceremony will be forfeited three (3) weeks after the event.
20. Only Malaysian citizens will qualify for the Most Outstanding Award.
21. The Organizer reserves the right to remove display exhibits if deterioration beyond acceptable standards has taken place.
22. To avoid disqualification, entries in showcases must be accessible to Judges.
23. The Organizer will not be held responsible for any damage to or loss of, exhibits, equipment, utensils or personal effects of competitors.
24. All establishments should have food shop licence with permission to cater, issued by Malaysian’s Ministry of Health.
25. Competitors contravening any of the Rules and Regulations of the event may be disqualified.
26. The Organizer reserves the right to rescind, modify or add on any of the above Rules and Regulations and their interpretation of these are final. They also reserve the right to limit the number of entries per class or amend a competition section, modify any rules, cancel any class or competition, or cancel/postpone the whole competition event should it be deemed necessary
27. Contestants who are in doubt of the interpretation of the criteria are advised to contact the Organizer at:
Culinaire Malaysia 2019 Secretariat
C5-3, Wisma MAH,
Jalan Ampang Utama 1/1,
One Ampang Avenue,
68000 Ampang, Selangor